All ages mental health
Clinical mental health services are provided to Victorians with a serious mental illness or disorder. These services are called area mental health services (AMHS) and are operated by hospitals.
Tap the buttons below for specific mental health data across all age groups. You can search by date and area mental health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above measures look at:
- community service hours
- seclusion episodes.
About community service hours
The total number of clinical mental health community service hours provided to Victorians.
About rate of seclusion episodes per 1,000 bed days
A restrictive intervention may only be used after all reasonable and less restrictive options have been tried or considered and have been found to be unsuitable in the circumstances. A restrictive intervention includes seclusion, which means the sole confinement of a person to a room or any other enclosed space from which it is not within the control of the person confined to leave.
Rate of ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days within inpatient units, excluding leave, same day stays and units that do not have a seclusion room.
- The statewide service hours includes services by the Victorian Institute for Forensic Mental Health. The statewide total service hours is more than the sum of all individual community mental health service hours presented in the graph.
- The statewide rate of seclusion includes Orygen.
- The rate of seclusion for Dandenong – Adult AMHS includes data for Casey Hospital.
- Data source: Client Management Interface/Operational Datastore (CMI/ODS)
- The latest quarterly results are preliminary
- * No results are available