Overall rating of care
The Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES) asks patients about their experiences during their stay at a Victorian public health service. As part of the survey, patients rate the overall experience of their care.
The graph below shows the overall rating of care where a patient recorded this as either 'good' or 'very good'. You can search by health service and date.
Scroll down further for more information about the data (measures).
About the data
About positive patient experience
A patient’s experience is considered positive if they rate their care as either ‘good’ or ‘very good’ in response to the VHES question: ‘Overall, how would you rate the care you received while in hospital?’
The statewide target is 95% of patients responding positively.
- Data source: Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey: Adult Inpatient.
- Royal Children’s Hospital results are from the Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey: Paediatric Inpatient.
- From 2018–19 Q1, results are not shown when there were fewer than 30 survey responses for a health service. Prior to this period, the minimum survey response requirement for reporting was 42.
- Numurkah District Health Service, Cobram District Health and Nathalia District Hospital amalgamated on 1 July 2019 to form NCN Health.
- Otway Health and Lorne Community Hospital amalgamated on 1 July 2019 to form Great Ocean Road Health.
- The latest quarterly results are preliminary
- * No results are available.
- NP - Results not published.